Thursday, April 22, 2010

My rod has been repaired!

My Scott rod was repaired and returned to me after I broke at the end of last month.  I didn't expect it back before steelhead season was over, but it showed up yesterday before I went fishing.  I'm happy to say its as good as new.  the folks at Scott replaced the butt section completely, it was custom made and even has my original serial number on it.  I was very impressed with the customer service at Scott.  They did an excellent job with the repair and got the rod back to me very quickly.  It only cost me about $90.00 to ship it both directions; the repair itself was covered by their lifetime warranty.  I will be a loyal Scott customer so long as they continue such excellent customer service.  I wish every company who products I've bought were as good as the folks at Scott.