Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Grand day


I fished the Grand again today.  The river was very crowded with anglers.  Walking in I saw one of the guides from the fly shop.  My guide friend suggested I fish the spot that was just up river from where we were talking, he said guys had crossed there all day, but no one fished there.  We went our separate ways and I went to fish that spot.  I fished the bubble line over deep water below the riffle.  I hooked up right away and landed an averaged sized drop back hen on a black stonefly.  I worked this spot over and found no other fish.  I walked up river to the next riffle and hooked up for a short fight that ended with my fly sit back at me.  I saw fish jumping in the area, but had no more takers.  I continued up stream and started fishing the soft water behind a bolder.  I got hung up on the bottom and broke off trying to get un-snagged.  While I was tying on a new fly, some guy came up and began fishing right in front of me from the other side.  I was standing in the water in position to fish this spot, I even told him I was fishing there and he just plopped his line in.  That guy was a !@#$%^&**!! jerk.  I was supposed to fish with a buddy today, but he was late.  My friend finally showed up so I walked down river to meet him at a spot I passed on the way in because other anglers were fishing there at the time.  My buddy and I fished this spot and I hooked up shortly after we got there.  It was a good fight a couple of nice runs some big jumps and a lot of thrashing.  I caught another nice spawned out hen.  I caught her on scrambled eggs.