Sunday, March 11, 2012

Enough...

It’s time to wipe off this horrible stink, I’ve had enough of the steelhead skunk.  I need my fix of chrome!  It’s been too long since I’ve caught a steelhead.  School has made it hard to get out to fish and even harder to get out when conditions were prime.  Too many times I’ve gone out when conditions were at their worst or when I could only fish for an hour.  These efforts were doomed from the time I put my waders on, and I knew it.  But the slight glimmer of a chance to connect with an angry steelhead was enough for me to make the effort.  Not surprisingly, if you don’t get to put time in on the water your catch rate drops dramatically. 

It's time for things to change.  This week is my spring break.  My goal for the week is to catch a steelhead!  I plan to spend every chance I have on the local steelhead tribs.  I’m not going to be doing any inland trout fishing or bass fishing until steelhead season is over.  My focus is putting some chrome in the net.  Landing a chromer this week would make my break.

This is what I need on the end of my line; a fat, angry, fresh chromer!