Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Muddy muddy water

I went down the river today, not too far from the lake.  I heard some guys are starting to catch steelhead off the breakwalls and near the mouth of the river.  I was too far up river for steelhead. I figured I'd scout out some of the areas I like to fish for steelhead.  When I got near the water I was shocked at out how muddy the water was.  It rained really hard for a few days, but the last two or three days have been without rain.  There is some construction on a bridge just up river from where I was, maybe that was the cause.  I moved up river and again, the water was really muddy.  Again, there was a construction just up river from where I was at.  I did manage to catch one small mouth, it was about 10", a small fish.  I hope the finish the brdge work soon.  Muddy water ruins the fishing.