Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Plan B


Two weeks ago I was supposed to be trout fishing in central PA while my wife was in DC, that didn’t happen.  Since I was stuck at home with no responsibility after work, I went fishing and fished until dark thirty.  I fished four bodies of water in an evening.  First I fished the river near my house and caught a couple of creek chubs and smallies.  Then I headed to a small tributary of the river near where I was fishing and picked off some fish with a distinct black lateral line and a small creek sunfish on dry flies. 


 From there it was off to a local pond for blue gills on dry flies, then another small creek near the pond.  The final destination was a second pond about a quarter mile from the first.  When it got too dark to fish, I headed out for dinner.  The fishing was great.  I caught more fish than could count, bass, blue gill, and small stream fish on dries and streamers.    It was a great evening.