Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why fish?

People always ask me; why fish? The answer is simple. To catch fish! I get a lot out of fishing, but ultimately I'm out there to catch fish. Someone once said: "fishing is fun, but catching fish is a lot more fun". Whoever made that statement was absolutely right. I enjoy the time outside, escaping from the stress of life, the fresh air, and the exercise. Those benefits are incidental to me. I truly enjoy the challenge of locating and catching fish. I think it's the cave man in me looking for an outlet, my natural hunter instinct. The thrill of hooking a fish and seeing it leap out of the water is addicting. The experience of catching fish has become more thrilling for me as I've learned new ways to fish for larger harder fighting fish. It is this thrill I seek, that is why I fish. Here are a few pictures of some steelhead trout and smallmouth bass I have caught this spring and summer. The picture is the trophy as I release all fish I catch back into the wild unharmed.