Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cesar's Creek


I was visiting my Aunt and Uncle the weekend.  They live near Cesar’s Creek.  I managed to get out and fish for a couple of hours on Saturday morning.  On the way to the creek it began to drizzle.  It didn’t seem like it was going to rain.  It’s been drought like for the last month or more.  I was betting it wasn’t going to rain hard.  I rigged up and my wife called me and said it was pouring at my aunt’s house.  I told her, “yes, it is raining, and I don’t have a rain coat!  I’m never listing to you again.”  When we were leaving for my aunt’s house, I was packing my rain coat and a fleece.  My wife insisted I didn’t need these things.  She said “we’re only going for a day; you don’t need all that stuff.”   She asked if I was going to come home.  I told her I was going to keep fishing.  As I began fishing, the drizzle turned into a light rain.  Still no big deal, I kept fishing.  Suddenly the sky opened up and it began to poor.  This was too much.  I ran back to the parking area where there was a shelter house picnic area.  I waited out the storm there.  When the heavy rain passed, I went back to the creek and fished for another hour and a half or so.  I had a few missed strikes and I caught a couple of nice fish. Over all, the creek was slower than I expected it to be.  It was still a decent place to fish.  The scenery pics are a bit blurry because there was water on the lens, oh well.