Sunday, January 15, 2012

Distractions...


I am currently working to finish a note that will hopefully get published in some law review or law journal.  This note, a deceiving description for a forty-five page scholarly work complete with footnotes in proper blue book citation, is consuming every waking moment of my life right now.  In fact, I am writing this blog post in an effort to break through a writer's block so I can continue to progress on the note.  One of the problems I have experienced, other than writer's block, is that my mind keeps wandering off to the stream.  I keep catching myself daydreaming of the next cast be it on my home waters in the hunt for the elusive winter steelhead or somewhere in central Pennsylvania in search of wild and wary brown trout.  This is a huge distraction.  The question is this; is fishing distracting me from the note or is the note taking me away from the river the distraction?  ...I believe the latter is the problem.