Sunday, July 18, 2010

Falls...

If you look closely you can see the mist rising off the water that above the falls.  The sun was peeking through the trees as it came up.  It was picture perfect .

I haven’t had the chance to get out since I finished school because I’ve been catching up at work. I was going to fish yesterday morning, but I was lazy and didn’t get up early enough to go. This morning I was on the river by 6:30am. I went to a part of the river that runs right through the middle of town. There are three natural waterfalls on this stretch of the river. I fished each of them and caught fish below each one. The water was a little cloudy today from last night’s rain, but the fishing was decent anyway. I caught some nice smallmouth today and I caught the largest creek chub I have ever caught, it was 14” long and was as thick as a coke can. The first smallmouth I caught was a little larger than average. The rest were above average to large. I took a picture of the first bass and the biggest bass. I didn’t even take a picture of the world’s largest creek chub. No dinks today. It was a nice morning on the river.