Saturday, June 12, 2010

Muddy...

It rained real hard earlier this week and the river was blown. It has come down to a fishable flow, but it was muddy, it looked like coffee with cream. Friday afternoon, I had the chance to fish until dark, so I did. I read that if you are in knee deep water and you can’t see your boots the fishing is not going to be very good. I couldn’t see my boots, I couldn’t even see my shorts… it was muddy. I decide to fish anyhow. I fished a section of the lower river that I fish frequently. The recent rains had caused the rivers to rise so much, a huge tree that was on the bank previously was completely gone. The river had completely changed in this area; it had cut a new channel. I fished all afternoon and caught one smallie (in 5 hours). I was happy to get out and practice my cast. I got out again today (Saturday) afternoon. This time I fished way up river. The water was still muddy today. I had about two hours and hooked two smallies in that time. There were a bunch of kids on the river looking for crayfish. One of them took a picture for me, not such a good; he cut off my head in the shot. I hope to get out again tomorrow morning if it doesn’t rain tonight.

                                       Friday's fish

                                         First fish from this afternoon

                                     Second fish from this afternoon (picture taken by a10 year old)