Saturday, March 12, 2011

Scouting Trip

I headed out to see what the river was like above the dam since it has come down and to find some good places to fish when the river drops into shape. The water was raging and looked like something you’d buy at Starbucks. I took a few pictures where a small creek comes in, or what is a small creek at normal flows. I fished the feeder creek while I was there.  Usually small tributaries like this will hold some fish when the main river is unfishable the creeks will.  The water in the creek was muddy, but not as bad as the river.  I fished up stream from the junction and didn't find any fish. It is a really small creek and probably will not hold fish except in the first pool near the junction.  I had cabin fever, I just had to get out, wader up, and be in the water. It was nice to be out and I think I found some good places to fish when the river drops to a normal flow.


First pool on the creek



Junction pool