Sunday, January 2, 2011

Heading to PA

I’ve been thinking about going fishing for weeks.  While I was in school, I would look out the window and think about the steelhead fishing I was missing.   I kept myself going by thinking about all the good fishing I’d get to do on break.  The weather was not cooperative.  We had a cold snap that lasted most of my break, and then we got an unseasonable warm up that blew out the river.  I went out twice hoping for some steelhead, but the cold and ice made the effort fruitless.  I decided that I needed to go somewhere I could find water that was warmer and the fishing reports were good.  I decided I was going to go find some nice spring fed limestone water that I knew would fish well.  I quickly made plans to go to State College after reading good fishing reports on Penns Creek and Spring Creek.  The water is flowing at about 50 degrees and the trout are calling my name.  I can’t wait to leave tomorrow.   Here are a few pictures of the creeks in the winter, open water here I come...  


Spring Creek in the winter


 Penns Creek in the winter