Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fresh push of chrome

It was a beautiful sunny afternoon.  The river was on the drop after a big blow out and I knew there would be fresh chromers that just pushed in.  I felt the urge to chase chrome.  I hit the river mid afternoon.  The water was still off color, but it was fishable.  I hooked up right away with a supercharged silver bullet that shot out of the water like a bat out of hell.  A little later on, I hooked into a nice chromed up buck.  I had a couple of other hook ups that went on and off.  I talked to a guy swinging big nasties who hadn't had a hook up all day.  Right in front of that guy, I hooked into the last fish of the day and it was a big angry freshy that jumped, thrashed, and broke me off in a violent splashing frenzy.  This fish was pissed; it jumped two or three more times after it broke me off.  Not the way I had hoped to end the day, but it was a good afternoon none the less.

                 Fresh chrome...


                  Purple bugger was money...


The guy that took this was no the best photographer, but hey it was a good fish, right.